From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xen on new install reboots by itself
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:51:26
1 hydra <hydrapolic@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 3:20 PM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >
5 >> symack <symack@×××××.com> writes:
6 >>
7 >> Other than that, unless you really do need full virtualization: I'm
8 >> finding Linux containers to be far more manageable than virtual
9 >> machines, and much more efficient.
12 > Can you please post some more details?
13
14 About containers?
15
16 There's very useful documentation about them like
17 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LXC ...
18
19 What can I say? Virtualization with xen is like juggling with a set of
20 black boxes each of which aren't exactly accessible; the
21 documentation sucks, it's hard work to get it running and likewise hard
22 to maintain.
23
24 Virtualization with containers is basically as simple as running just
25 another daemon.
26
27 Which the "better" tool, or combination of tools is, depends on what you
28 want to accomplish. You could use containers in a VM, too, or use
29 virtualbox along with containers to run the odd VMs that require full
30 virtualzation.
34 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
35 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.