From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rooted/compromised Gentoo, seeking advice
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:04:32
1 Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 10 Aug 2010, at 20:22, Hazen Valliant-Saunders wrote:
4 >> ...
5 >> Good Luck getting people to change them frequently and haveing your
6 >> techs and it departments meeting complexity and length policy.
7 >
8 > I'm pretty sure that's a trivial setting for expiration policy and a
9 > PAM plugin or option to enforce complexity.
10 >
11 > Stroller.
14 Thing about changing passwords to often, the person forgets what the
15 password is. I have a good strong password for my bank and credit
16 card. If I had to change it every month, six months or something, I
17 would set it to something simple so that I could remember what the
18 password is. Then I would write it down to help me remember it as well.
19
20 Changing the password often can actually lead to other issues.
21
22 Dale
23