From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 15:17:16
1 Hi all,
2
3 Not to revive a flame-fest against systemd, but...
4
5 I'm sure some or most of you have already heard about this, but I found
6 a really decent thread discussing this whole systemd thing. It is only
7 really comparing systemd and upstart, as that was the debate going on in
8 the debian TC, but it is a great read, and has actually made me rethink
9 my blind objections to systemd a bit.
10
11 Read it here:
12
13 http://vsido.org/index.php?topic=653.45
14
15 I'd really like to see a similar discussion/debate by those far more
16 knowledgeable than I with respect to systemd vs OpenRC, but the above
17 does bring up a lot of salient points.