From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Rootkit Hunter release 1.3.2
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 23:29:36
1 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 18:46 -0400, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
3 >> Florian Philipp wrote:
4 >>> On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 14:38 -0400, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
5 >>>> (Portage is a little dated at 1.2.9)
6 >>>>
7 >>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkhunter/
8 >>> Thanks for the info but this doesn't belong here. The proper thing to do
9 >>> would be to open a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org and request a version
10 >>> bump.
11 >> Thanks for replying
12 >>
13 >> I've tried bugs (under admin, iirc), and always get notes telling me
14 >> that my version info. post doesn't belong there, and deleting my
15 >> submission. If there is a category for version bumps, I haven't figure
16 >> it out.
17 >>
18 > As I understand it, Admin is meant for administrative purposes of the
19 > Gentoo-project as a whole. I'd post it in Gentoo Linux. Most of the
20 > time, Gentoo Linux is the right place for version bumps. Since this is
21 > also security-related, you could argue for Gentoo Security but this is
22 > meant for Security holes and stuff like that.
23 >
24 > Of course, it would have been better if the bug wrangler had
25 > moved your bug to the right place or at least told you where to file
26 > it. If you think you've been treated wrong, feel free to file a bug in
27 > User Relations but I'd rather not. Jakub and the other bug wrangler
28 > might seem rude from time to time but they are doing quiet a hard job
29 > very well when trying to keep pace with the input of bugs. That's why I
30 > wouldn't take such things personally.
31
32 Nope..... I'm sure they're busy, and took the message at face value.
33
34 'Twould be nice if someone added a little note to the categories
35 indicating that Gentoo Linux is the place to put version bumps; it might
36 get more of us newbies involved and "owning" part of the effort.
37
38 I'll post some version-bump notices that I've been holding back on, and
39 see if they "take". (If they don't, I'll come back here and ping you :-) )
40
41 Thanks.
42 --
43 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list