From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot hangs after install, no error
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 04:05:59
1 On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 13:54 +1000, Jake Moe wrote:
2 > I had tried to see if there was anything special about the hardware,
3 > but
4 > couldn't find anything. I'm still of the opinion that it's something
6 > do with the kernel, but I've given up on amd64 (I'm not sure if I've
7 > had
8 > an amd64 Gentoo PC before) and switched back to x86, and other than
9 > forgetting SCSI disk support in the kernel for my SATA disk (which I
10 > *always* do, why can't they make SCSI disk support a requirement for
11 > SATA AHCI support?), the install went smoothly. The only other thing
12 > of
13 > note is that I seem to need to use the unstable ndivia-drivers
14 > (195.36.24), as the latest stable one (190.42-r3) produced flickering
15 > garbage on my screen when I went into X.
16 >
17 > Thanks for trying to those that did.
18 >
19 > Jake Moe
20
21 Did you compile your own kernel or use genkernel? Did you try using the
22 same kernel config as the live cd (assuming that the livecd boots fine)?
23
24 -a