From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Laptop graphics card broken??
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:19:45
1 On 10/20/06, José González Gómez <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I've got an Acer Aspire 1520 with an NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700 and a dual
3 > Gentoo Linux/Windows install. The problem is that the graphics card seems to
4 > be broken, at least partially: whenever I start the laptop the screen is
5 > off, and here comes the weird part, if I select Gentoo from the grub boot (I
6 > know where the options are, so I can select it even with the screen off) the
7 > screen keeps off, but if I select Windows, the screen gets on, but only when
8 > Windows reach the login screen, not before.
9
10 Does your Gentoo system boot into X, or to a console?
11
12 Have you tried plugging in an external monitor to see what is displayed there?
13
14 -Richard
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list