From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Fragmentation of my drives. Curious mostly
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 21:51:15
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> I already did the rsync/format thing a few times over the last years,
4 >> and the results are always the same: very fast filesystem for about a
5 >> month, then it starts getting slower over time.
6 >
7 > I have to say that after my recent transfer, my login got a whole one
8 > second faster. I can't tell any difference anywhere else. Of course,
9 > portage has always been on its own partition and used ext3.
10 >
11 > We need a hard drive engineer on here. :/
12
13 Well, I have everything in /. Except for /boot. Maybe I should
14 reconsider my setup :P