From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Not-quite-right Intel graphics
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 15:19:46
1 On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 15:33:02 BST Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 13 August 2019 10:19:23 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > I'm using my ISP's SMTP server with the same settings as usual. KMail
4 > > detected them itself
5 >
6 > Yes, it does the same here, when I ask it to detect what Gmail wants to use,
7 > ... then it fails when it tries to set up a XOAUTH2 token via akonadi's
8 > plugin.
9 >
10 > I succeeded by selecting manually individual authentication settings and
11 > trying them one at a time.
12
13 Do you mind saying which authentication method worked?
14
15 > > Let's see if this goes out, after I spent two days rebuilding the whole
16 > > system from scratch and setting up yet another new account for myself.
17 > > I've also tried switching from MySQL to PostgreSQL for storage; so far I
18 > > see little change.
19 >
20 > I've received this fine, via the list, so whatever you've done appears to
21 > have worked.
22
23 It was that two-day rebuilding operation.
24
25 > MySQL used to be problematic in the early days of akonadi, or perhaps it was
26 > akonadi itself to blame. I've used both MySQL and PostgreSQL. I can't say
27 > I've noticed a difference, except PostgreSQL upgrades being somewhat more
28 > involved between major releases. However, this may have something to do
29 > with the way I had unnecessarily complicated its installation and
30 > configuration.
31
32 The KDE PIM users' list has a few people who claim to have banished their
33 problems by switching to PSQL, but I can't confirm that yet.
36 Regards,
37 Peter.