From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Package conflict while trying to emerge chromium
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 00:47:27
1 On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 09:09:18AM +0100, Marc Joliet wrote
2 >
3 > It's not that it doesn't do HTML5 video, I've been using that ever
4 > since I noticed the "gstreamer" USE flag in December 2012 (/etc in
5 > git is nice ;)).
6
7 I have the gstreamer flag (and everything except "jit") turned off for
8 seamonkey. Here's output from "emerge -pv seamonkey" on my machine...
9
10 www-client/seamonkey-2.32 USE="jit -chatzilla -crypt -custom-cflags -custom-optimization -dbus -debug -gmp-autoupdate -gstreamer -ipc -minimal -pulseaudio -roaming (-selinux) -startup-notification -system-cairo -system-icu -system-jpeg -system-libvpx -system-sqlite {-test} -wifi" LINGUAS="-be -ca -cs -de -en_GB -es_AR -es_ES -fi -fr -gl -hu -it -ja -lt -nb_NO -nl -pl -pt_PT -ru -sk -sv_SE -tr -uk -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 KiB
11
12 > It's just that I can't deactivate FlashDisable and expect YouTube
13 > to default to HTML5 videos yet (see the top of the quoted text above).
14 >
15 > FWIW, I *did* try it and still got the undesired behaviour (Youtube
16 > trying to use Flash).
17
18 I think we're talking past each other here. FlashDisable is irrelavant
19 to the way I do it. The really important concept is that each profile
20 is a separate universe unto itself. And you can set totally different
21 behaviours in each profile. In my Youtube profile, I totally disable
22 Flash. As far as the web page is concerned, I don't have Flash
23 installed at all. Like I said above, FlashDisable is irrelavant
24 to the way I do it. Here's the Seamonkey menu tree; Firefox may be
25 different.
26
27 Tools ==> Add-ons Manager ==> Plugins (on the left sidebar)
28
29 I select "Shockwave Flash" from the "Plugins" list, and there's a
30 dropdown menu with 3 choices
31 * Ask to Activate
32 * Always Activate
33 * Never Activate
34
35 I select "Never Activate", and Youtube thinks I don't have Flash
36 installed, forcing it to go with HTML5 mode.
39 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
40 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications