From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I don't seem to have a system log. Help, please!
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 11:50:10
1 On Monday 09 Feb 2015 11:23:15 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > You don't have to export them from anything unless you need their
3 > content in a text file. If you just run "journalctl" that is the
4 > equivalent of typing cat /var/log/messages. If you do want to parse
5 > them with an external tool then you get your choice of several text
6 > formats and json.
7
8 The thing is I never use cat. I invariably use less, rview, or grep, to
9 browse or search the log files.
10
11 How will this work with journalctl, will I have to export them first into a
12 different format?
15 Regards,
16 Mick