From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH: No X11 forwarding any longer
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 22:03:09
1 On Sunday 14 October 2007, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > Then I looked at the configs again, and in the man page for ssh_config I
4 > finally found this:
5 > XAuthLocation
6 > Specifies the full pathname of the xauth(1) program. The
7 > default is /usr/openwin/bin/xauth.
8 >
9 > /usr/openwin? I added "XAuthLocation /usr/bin/xauth" to the
10 > client's /etc/ssh/ssh_config, and now all was fine. Even without the X use
11 > flag.
12 >
13 > Looking at a gentoo box I did not update for a while, I see the man page
14 > there tells the default location is /usr/bin/xauth. Okay, now I know this
15 > change is responsible. But why aren't forum and this list flooded with
16 > people experiencing the same problem as me?
17
18 Perhaps because most use vanilla ssh to manage servers? I have every now and
19 then used an ssh tunnel to forward VNC connections, but that is exceptional
20 as far as my usage of ssh goes.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick