From: Gabriel Rossetti <rossettigab@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox VERY slow on launch
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:30:33
1 Alan wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 07:36:15PM +0000, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hello,
5 >>
6 >> I just reinstalled everything and Firefox takes about 3-5 mins to load
7 >> the first time. After that it is very fast. Does anyone have an idea as
8 >> of why this is happening? I tried deleting my ~/.mozilla directory but
9 >> that doesn't help. This is not the firefox binary ebuild/install but the
10 >> regular ebuild.
13 > See if you have the line
14 >
15 > 127.0.0.1 localhost
16 >
17 > in your /etc/hosts file. It might be a DNS lookup timeout issue.
18 >
19 yes, I have that, but I had that before in my previous installation. FF
20 seems slower
21 (at launch) at school where they have a proxy server. If my memory is
22 correct,
23 it seems to do that when I go from my home network to my school's network
24 and vice versa.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list