From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upside/downside to including config files in quickpkg?
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 01:12:08
1 On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Freitag 12 Februar 2010, Dale wrote:
4 <SNIP>
5 >>
6 >> This is how I understand it.  If you use buildpkg with emerge, you get
7 >> the original configs from the source tarball.  If you use quickpkg, then
8 >> you get the config files YOU created.  If I understand this correctly,
9 >> you can remember it this way as well.  Doing it during the emerge gives
10 >> you what emerge produces.  Doing it with quickpkg gives you what you
11 >> produced.
12 >>
13 >> All that and I didn't confuse myself.  So, I'm probably wrong in how I
14 >> understand it.  lol
15 >>
16 >> Dale
17 >>
18 >> :-)  :-)
19 >
20 > no, this is entirely correct.
23 From what I've seen last night and today I do not think this is correct.
24
25 quickpkg =NAME
26
27 produces a binary package with NO config files included.
28
29 You have to use
30
31 quickpkg --include-configs =NAME
32
33 to get the configs, at least from what I can see from the messages it
34 produces when it runs.
35
36 There is another option to limit the configs to only the unedited ones.
37
38 - Mark