From: meewi <nuke@×××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Server installation
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 21:35:16
1 Hi Tim,
2
3 That's spot on. At least as far as I know.
4
5 The reason why I want to give it a go, is that Gentoo is the only
6 distribution so far that managed to keep on running without screwing
7 itself up. In other words, the only stable one. For almost two years
8 now I have Gentoo running at home, with only 1 complete new and fresh
9 installation. The difference is considerably compared to other
10 distributions. Debian-based distro's for instance keep running, only
11 don't update after a while. SuSE has a nice installer and very good
12 hardware support out of the box for every type of user. Only with every
13 new version there is always something that changes within your
14 configuration trying to screw things up. Then the RedHat ones, I never
15 got those running completely at home, and never got past one month
16 on-line for my server. So it's back to Debian or give Gentoo a go.
17
18 Any how, thanks for your answer, and all my best,
19 William.
20
21 Op Wed, 1 Nov 2006 09:49:55 -0800