From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:14:39
1 On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 11:22:23 -0600 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >> > Yet again, I respect ones right to use whatever one wants, but I ask
4 >> > to respect mine as well. That's why I propose a separate systemd
5 >> > profile for those willing to use it.
6 >>
7 >> Then write. Just be aware that to write a systemd profile, you need to
8 >> use systemd.
9 >
10 > Or to create a non-systemd profile :)
11
12 That's the best response I've read in, like, many years. That's
13 perfect; I'm 100% behind it. I even volunteer to help (with testing)
14 to anyone going for this.
15
16 You guys create a systemd-sucks-we-dont-want-it profile, and I promise
17 to give you guys a hand.
18
19 Make a profile that "frees" users from using systemd, and I think even
20 several Gentoo developers will get behind that.
21
22 Now we are talking; this has been my whole point the whole time.
23 Everybody that don't want to use systemd; help this idea, and if there
24 are enough of you, you'll pulled through.
25
26 Regards.
27 --
28 Canek Peláez Valdés