From: "n952162@×××.de" <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] AMDGPU: firefox hangs the window manager
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 21:11:50
1 I recently reported that after rebuilding my kernel, my system doesn't power down any more. My problems are actually much more severe. When I bring up Firefox, my system grinds to a crawl, where it can take minutes to echo a few characters (if at all). That's everywhwere in the window manager, all xterm instances.
2
3 VTs and ssh instances run fine. I'm thinking, the amdgpu module is causing problems when features are invoked by firefox.
4
5 This in the hopes that there were improvements to AMDGPU, but it's much worse for me now.
6
7 I'm running (kinda running) 4.19.72. I followed the instructions on gentoo's AMDGPU page.
8
9 Are is there anybody else running AMDGPU and having more luck?