From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Windows-only wireless AP?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 08:34:23
1 I'm trying to connect to a WPA2 wireless router via wicd, but I can't
2 get past the authentication. The owner insists the password is
3 correct. I've spoken to the administrator and I was told the router
4 will connect Windows systems, some Mac systems, but no Linux systems.
5 Does this amount to the typical "Linux is not supported" response, or
6 could a router actually not work with Linux clients?
7
8 I've also tried to connect via /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 and
9 wpa_supplicant, but I can't get much information about how it's
10 failing because it is backgrounded. Could net.wlan0 work even though
11 wicd fails, and if so, how can I get more info from net.wlan0?
12
13 - Grant