From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo healthy?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:56:05
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Jeff Rollin [mailto:jeff.rollin@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: 21 December 2006 16:12
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo healthy?
8 > On 21/12/06, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
11 > > All things considered, Mandrake is easier to install than
12 > windoze any
13 > > day. You think about it, you set up the drives, select ALL
14 > the software
15 > > you can fit and hit the install button. How easy is that? You only
16 > > have to reboot once too. I counted six reboots the last time I
17 > > installed XP for somebody. It took longer too. Then you
18 > get to install
19 > > the software you had to buy, including anti-virus, adware
20 > protection,
21 > > trojan watchers and all that.
22 > >
23 > > Yea, I pick Linux.
26 > Precisely.
27 >
28 > Jeff
29
30 Credit where credit is due, Windows XP improves over Windows 98 in that it doesnt dump you at a plan desktop with no drivers installed. They are making progress, and soon Windows may actually be ready for the desktop ;)
31
32 David
33
34 Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this list.
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list