From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dd if=/dev/dvd of=backup.iso - DMA related problem
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 05:56:31
1 On 3/23/06, Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > OK, here is dmesg output, the last two lines indicate that:
3 > hdc: DMA disabled
4 > hdc: ATAPI reset complete
5
6 The lines that are interesting to me are:
7
8 VP_IDE: IDE controller at PCI slot 0000:00:0f.1
9 sata_via 0000:00:0f.0: version 1.1
10
11 The above PCI id lines indicate that your parallel ata (IDE) device is
12 really just a function of your SATA chip. Since your hard disk
13 wouldn't be affected, I would try a kernel without IDE support and see
14 if the SATA driver picks up your CD drive.
15
16 -Richard
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list