From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new install for a new mainboard?
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 21:23:03
1 On 12/10/20 7:18 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 10:23 AM n952162 <n952162@×××.de> wrote:
3 >> I need a new mainboard. What will happen if I boot my existing system
4 >> on it?
5 > Is the CPU going to be the same? The responses already cover the
6 > mainboard itself well. If the CPU could change then you need to check
7 > your -march in CFLAGS for compatibility (if you set it) and
8 > potentially rebuild anything you don't want to break.
11 How would I do that?  Would I have to set up a cross-compiler toolchain?