From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Qemu tun/tap privledge problem: HOWTO is wrong?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:44:57
1 On Tuesday 18 December 2007, Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > Even though I created tap0 with the command shown, I still have
4 > to run Qemu as root or I get the following error:
5 >
6 > qemu -kernel-kqemu -localtime -hda w2kdisk.img -net nic
7 > -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=/usr/local/etc/qemu-ifup
8 >
9 > warning: could not open /dev/net/tun: no virtual network emulation
10 > Could not initialize device 'tap'
11 >
12 > If I run qemu as root, it works fine.
13
14 You also have to chmod go+rw /dev/net/tun (if you haven't already), and
15 probably modify the related udev rule to make the change persistent.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list