From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google - can not open any link
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 13:48:45
1 On 02/09/12 09:30, Michael Hampicke wrote:
2 >> You are right on; I disable Java in firefox and now can open links in
3 >> google search.
4 >
5 >As I said, I have disabled cookies and javascript for goolge.de (using
6 >cookiemonster an noscript). But as I sometimes use google maps, I allow
7 >javascript on google.com and then use google.com for maps - with cookies
8 >disalbed. And here I have the same issue as you have, I cannot open the
9 >links, but the strange thing is: it's not all the time, sometimes it
10 >works, sometimes it does not.
11 >
12 >Who knows what google guys were doing. Maybe they left a screw driver in
13 >there or something :)
16 I just got a hint from Gentoo forum. It seems to me others got hit by the same issue.
17 ----quote------
18 Google is getting crappier and crappier by the day. What happened to the lean, mean, simple search engine that
19 everyone fell in love with? Now they're just bloating it with unnecessary javascript crap.
20
21 Hmm, one idea: Do you accept cookies from google? I don't. If you don't either, try activating them and see if it works then.
22 ------end quote------
23
24 I'm switching to Bing search engine. It seems to me Google is getting evil now.
27 Joseph