From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Open Question: The feasibility of a complete portage binhost
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 15:18:11
1 On 21/01/2015 15:23, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2 > On 01/21/2015 07:47 AM, Sam Bishop wrote:
3 >> > So I've been thinking crazy thoughts.
4 >> >
5 >> > Theoretically it can't be that hard to do a complete package binhost for gentoo.
6 > I love that you qualify this with "theoretically."
7 >
8 >> >
9 >> > To be clear, when i say complete, Im referring to building, all
10 >> > versions of all ebuilds marked stable or unstable on amd64, with every
11 >> > combination of use flags.
12 > Every ebuild with every combination of USE flags? This is likely
13 > impossible, and definitely not feasible.
17 A word: tinderbox
18
19 A sentence: flameyes' blog describes just how long it takes to do basic
20 runs and the difficulties attached
23 "not feasible" is 100% spot-on correct
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com