From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re[2]: [gentoo-user] Re[2]: [gentoo-user] Server system date synchronizaion
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:43:36
1 On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 23:10:46 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > I wasn't born here in Africa and didn't spend primary school years here
4 > either. But I distinctly recall having to walk to school in the snow and
5 > in the dark to geet their before 9 o'clock. Not fun. DST would have
6 > helped.
7
8 No it wouldn't - DST makes it darker in the morning. When I was about 11,
9 the government experimented with using BST all year round. One of the
10 reasons given for not doing it was that kids would have to go to school
11 in the dark.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Top Oxymorons Number 22: Childproof