From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Linus Torvalds on systemd
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 01:47:26
1 On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 2:58 AM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On 2014-09-20, Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > >> The only Linux systems where I care about boot time are embedded
7 > >> systems which are never going to have the resources needed to run
8 > >> systemd.
9 > >
10 > > You are mistaken.
11 >
12 > No, I am not.
13 >
14 > > I've helped a friend debug problems on a couple devices running a
15 > > custom Arch system with systemd.
16 >
17 > How does that contradict the statement I made that the systems where I
18 > care about boot times do not have the resources required to run
19 > systemd?
22 You made a generic, catch-all statement about embedded systems which isnt
23 necessarily true. There are plenty of routers or NAS devices or ipcams, etc
24 that have the resources to run systemd. Pretty much everything that has the
25 space to fit the kernel and a a few MB has the resources to run it
28 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [ ] social
29 Response needed: [ ] yes [ ] up to you [ ] no
30 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [ ] none