From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A question regarding building Gentoo and UEFI vs Non UEFI
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 09:29:54
1 On 20/11/18 17:16, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 12:51:34 +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 >
4 >> I just have this little niggling doubt, probably baseless, in
5 >> the back of my mind that there maybe something that may cause a problem
6 >> for the newly built stuff due to it not being natively booted in UEFI or
7 >> something like that when it was built.
8 >
9 > The only issue you're likely to face is setting up booting from the SSD.
10 > You need to be booted via UEFI to set up UEFI booting, but you can do
11 > that from your SysResCd stick.
15 The SSD is up and running. I get Gentoo booting to a console and I'm
16 now in the process of getting stuff installed, LibreOffice, Firefox,
17 Thunderird etc, stuff that takes ages to build. So now that I'm
18 confident that things will work, I can continue to work, from the old
19 disk, chroot into the new and continue to install there.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Andrew