From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple SMTP to cmd-line MTA relay?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 18:52:47
1 On 2018-01-19, Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2018-01-19 18:03, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> It needs to accept messages as an SMTP server (using SSL and AUTH on a
5 >> non-standard port) from a single user and single source and then relay
6 >> them by passing them to a command-line MTA (e.g. /usr/bin/sendmail
7 >> replacement provided by msmtp).
8 >
9 > Just like the others writing in this thread, I am wondering why you need
10 > 2 pieces here. Why won't e.g. exim do both sides of this for you?
11 > It certainly has all the functionality.
12
13 I don't see how you can say that when you don't know the method that
14 my command-line MTA uses to transfer mail on down the path towards
15 delivery.
18 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I was born in a
19 at Hostess Cupcake factory
20 gmail.com before the sexual
21 revolution!