From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple SMTP to cmd-line MTA relay?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 19:43:43
1 On 2018-01-19 18:49, Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > Just like the others writing in this thread, I am wondering why you
4 > > need 2 pieces here. Why won't e.g. exim do both sides of this for
5 > > you? It certainly has all the functionality.
6 >
7 > I don't see how you can say that when you don't know the method that
8 > my command-line MTA uses to transfer mail on down the path towards
9 > delivery.
10
11 I can say it because I have some experience with exim, and I know it can
12 do pretty much anything. If its configuration language isn't Turing
13 complete, it is quite damn close to it. And the same can be said of
14 sendmail, though I know much less about it know.
17 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
18 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
19 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.