From: Vladimir Rusinov <vladimir@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Winbind...
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:31:15
1 On 7/27/07, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > > I have not done anything with my PAM files yet but I think this
4 > > step should work anyway!(?)
5 >
6 > I have found `getent passwd` and `getent group` not to work entirely
7 > as expected.
8
9 EG:
10 > $ getent group | grep -i dave
11 > domain users:x:
12 > 10000:administrator,support_399845a0,krbtgt,iusr_bodmin,iwam_bodmin,mobi
13 > le user tmpl,user tmpl,power user tmpl,administrator tmpl,sbs backup
14 > user,ned,usertemplate-
15 > lanesre,evelyn,tim,charlotte,dave,mandi,kim,vebra,deanne,alex,laura,anne
16 > ,anne.h,gillian,maintenance,gail
17 > $ getent passwd | grep -i dave
20 I had the simular problem.
21 I had winbind uid range 1000-10000, and I had real user with uid 1001.
22 Solution was to set uid range to 1010-10000.
23
24 My advice is to move on to the next step (PAM) & see what happens. I
25 > have always worked off the "Testing Things Out" section of Chapter 24
26 > of the Samba manual, "Winbind: Use of Domain Accounts" <http://
27 > www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/winbind.html> and
28 > have always found following it to work perfectly, but winbind doesn't
29 > seem well-documented elsewhere or by 3rd parties.
32 Also, try to add winbind everywhere at nsswitch.
33 I can't reach my config now, but I'm sure I have more the 2 winbind lines at
34 nsswitch.conf.
35
36 PS: sorry for my English.
39 Vladimir Rusinov
40 GreenMice Solutions: IT-решения на базе Linux
41 http://greenmice.info/