From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT as it gets. Sorry] Windoze 7 and reinstalling error.
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 15:36:41
1 On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 7:06 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Your reply made me think of something.  I had a XP reinstall once that
3 > required a number from MS because of the new mobo and hard drive.  They
4 > said it recognized the change in the serial numbers.  When I ran into
5 > that before tho, it installed fine but gave 30 days to put in the
6 > number.  Does winders 7 have something similar?
7
8 When you install Windows 7, Vista or XP (SP3 or newer), you can
9 actually skip the product key step and it'll install as a trial
10 version (30-day? 90-day? something like that). You can then "upgrade"
11 to the real version by activating it when you're comfortable that
12 everything is working properly -- or don't activate it at all and
13 install Gentoo. Trying to keep it on-topic. :)