From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Experiences with gtk3-nocsd?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 00:47:18
1 On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:09:00 +0000 (UTC)
2 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 2015-09-29, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > I'm sick and tired of the Gnome "CSD" nonsense which appears to be a
7 > > concerted effort to break gtk+ apps on all desktops other than very
8 > > specific configurations of Gnome desktops. To the Gnome developer's
9 > > credit, they seem to have been quite successful in that effort.
10
11 +1
12
13 > The app that's causing all the pain is evince (if I could abandon
14 > acroread, I wouldn't need elevety-hundred packages built with 32-bit
15 > support).
16
17 +1
18
19 > I just found atril, which is more-or-less a fork of evince
20 > sans all all the gtk3/Gnome CSD BS. For now, I think I'll just ditch
21 > evince.
22
23 +1
26 > Now if only there was "print current view" option in atril....
29 When I click on the "File" drop-down menu (top-left corner of the atril
30 window) and choose the "Print" item, I get a pop-up dialog widget that
31 lets me configure a bunch of settings before the document is sent to
32 the printer. Included in those settings is "Print current page" (as
33 opposed to "Print all", or I can type in the page numbers to print).
34
35 I get exactly the same pop-up "Print" widget whether I'm printing from
36 atril, web browser, libreoffice, or this email client (claws).
37
38 I've been seeing the same print widget for so many years I stopped
39 wondering which package installs it, but it's not part of any app that
40 lets me print things. I think it's part of the gnome/mate/xfce/lxde
41 family of desktops because I use all of those and the printer widget is
42 always the same. Must be a gtk thing because all of those desktops
43 install the same gtk infrastructure.
44
45 Can anyone else enlighten us on the printer widget I'm describing?