From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Emerge and binary packages
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 03:56:12
1 On 2018-07-01 11:57, Daniel Frey wrote:
2
3 > > Do you mind sharing your distcc setup? I could not get it to work in
4 > > the way described in the wiki.
5
6 > What part were you having problems with?
7
8 I configured it to compile everything remotely (to just 1 server)
9 because it would be deterministic and so easier to test. But the server
10 refused to compile anything at all; it complained about not being able
11 to obtain some lock.
12
13 I ought to disclose that the server is Debian. But the distcc versions
14 on both sides were the same, and I hand-compiled a matching gcc version
15 on the server.
16
17 One thing I very much dislike about distcc is that there seems to be no
18 good way of using a full path to the compiler on the server that's
19 different from the one on the client.
22 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
23 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
24 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
25 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.