From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Emerge and binary packages
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 18:58:17
1 On 07/01/18 08:51, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2018-06-30 10:50, Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >
4 >> For many, many years I've been using binpkg to help ease the compile
5 >> pain on my Intel NUC Celeron-based frontends. I use distcc on one to
6 >> compile all my packages and export /usr/portage/packages via nfs.
7 >
8 > Do you mind sharing your distcc setup? I could not get it to work in
9 > the way described in the wiki.
12 Sure, but what part? I don't cross-compile... all processors are
13 x86-based and I don't offload everything to the distcc farm. The local
14 Celeron chips take part in the compile process.
15
16 I offload to two machines that have quad cores and above.
17
18 What part were you having problems with?
19
20 Dan