From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: new machine: incremental back-ups
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:31:01
1 On 2012-10-04, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > My new machine is working very well -- thanks again for the advice -- ,
3 > tho' the sighing noise from the CPU fan is a bit trying (smile),
4 > & I'm considering setting up an incremental back-up system
5 > so that if the SSD collapses,
6 > I can restore everything from files stored on the HDD without re-installing.
7 >
8 > I already have an adequate set-up of back-ups, incl off-site copies,
9 > which ensures my personal files + configs cb restored,
10 > but it involves some human intervention from me at various times
11 > & I would have to re-install all the system + Portage stuff.
12 >
13 > What do people who do incremental back-ups use ?
14
15 rsnapshot
16
17 http://www.rsnapshot.org/
18 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Rsnapshot
19 http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/Backup#rsnapshot
20 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/A_simple_backup_scheme_using_rsnapshot
23 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Does someone from
24 at PEORIA have a SHORTER
25 gmail.com ATTENTION span than me?