From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 06:08:09
1 On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 00:03 -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > DAle,
4
5 Hi Dale, not quite the same but something else to check - after my
6 6monthly update round, I had two systems where FF refused to run - just
7 flashed up died. Erase .mozilla allowed one restart where I got a
8 window, any attempt to configure it killed FF.
9
10 This is on gnome, not KDE so while symptoms differ, it may still be the
11 same root cause - some of the underlying packages needed rebuilding - it
12 was (maybe) nss and dev-lang/spidermonkey. Sorry, had a lot going on so
13 cant be more specific - it was strace that tipped me off (how I cant
14 remember).
15
16 BillK