From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 05:08:16
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > DAle,
3 > PLEASE look at bullet item #3 in this NVidia release:
4 >
5 > http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-display-amd64-275.09.07-driver.html
6 >
7 > <QUOTE>
8 >
9 > Fixed a bug that caused freezes and crashes when resizing windows in
10 > KDE 4 with desktop effects enabled using X.Org X server version 1.10
11 > or later.
12 > <QUOTE>
13 >
14 > Sure sounds familiar to me...
15 >
16 > - Mark
20 Yea, that does sound familiar. Trying to recall who could have had that
21 problem. Hmmmm. Oh, it was me !! lol This is my card info:
22
23 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT200 [GeForce GT
24 220] (rev a2)
25
26 Drivers:
27
28 x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-270.41.19
29
30 That is the latest for my card that is in the tree. Now keep in mind,
31 going back to the older xorg fixed the Konsole and resizing issue I
32 had. So far, I'm not sure Firefox has its problem fixed. I'm going to
33 try it here in a few. Just close everything I can, type in sync and
34 open the thing and see if the smoke gets out. Oh, got to install it
35 again too. Almost forgot that.
36
37 It's funny in a way. I haven't been to the nvidia website in ages. I
38 just sort of guess at a version, try it and see if it works. If not,
39 try another one until I find one that does. There isn't that many in
40 the tree. I never use the latest because I have never had that new of a
41 card. :/
42
43 Thanks.
44