From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 07:08:08
1 Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 00:03 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> DAle,
7 >>>
8 > Hi Dale, not quite the same but something else to check - after my
9 > 6monthly update round, I had two systems where FF refused to run - just
10 > flashed up died. Erase .mozilla allowed one restart where I got a
11 > window, any attempt to configure it killed FF.
12 >
13 > This is on gnome, not KDE so while symptoms differ, it may still be the
14 > same root cause - some of the underlying packages needed rebuilding - it
15 > was (maybe) nss and dev-lang/spidermonkey. Sorry, had a lot going on so
16 > cant be more specific - it was strace that tipped me off (how I cant
17 > remember).
18 >
19 > BillK
23 I'm going to try a clean directory for it here in a minute. I'm going
24 to back up my whole home directory for good measure.
25
26 I'm not holding my breath but I'll cross my fingers just in case.
27
28 Dale
29