From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 08:08:16
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Bill Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 00:03 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 >>> Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >>>> DAle,
6 >> Hi Dale, not quite the same but something else to check - after my
7 >> 6monthly update round, I had two systems where FF refused to run - just
8 >> flashed up died. Erase .mozilla allowed one restart where I got a
9 >> window, any attempt to configure it killed FF.
10 >>
11 >> This is on gnome, not KDE so while symptoms differ, it may still be the
12 >> same root cause - some of the underlying packages needed rebuilding - it
13 >> was (maybe) nss and dev-lang/spidermonkey. Sorry, had a lot going on so
14 >> cant be more specific - it was strace that tipped me off (how I cant
15 >> remember).
16 >>
17 >> BillK
20 > I'm going to try a clean directory for it here in a minute. I'm going
21 > to back up my whole home directory for good measure.
22 >
23 > I'm not holding my breath but I'll cross my fingers just in case.
24 >
25 > Dale
26 >
27 > :-) :-)
30 OK. This is better. It seems to work. Can someone explain how a bad
31 config file in Firefox can cause a kernel panic? I thought things like
32 this was not possible? This sounds so windowish. o_O
33
34 Thanks for all the help. It seems we had not one but two problems. If
35 it wasn't for bad luck . . . . . .
36
37 Dale
38