From: Moshe Kamensky <moshe.kamensky@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ppp connection problem
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:21:08
1 Hi,
2
3 I am trying to help my father install gentoo on a new computer (I am
4 across the ocean). We have a problem with the internet connection. He
5 has an adsl account. He runs pppoe-start, and it says that he is
6 connected. ifconfig shows that ppp0 is up, and gives an ip address.
7 However, I can't ping that address (I get 100% packet loss). He also
8 can't ping any address.
9
10 We called the ISP, and from their side it seems that he is connected,
11 and everything is fine. I don't know where else to look. The log
12 messages showed in the beginning messages of the form
13
14 LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
15
16 but they seem to no longer appear. As I said, I don't even know where to
17 start looking for the problem. Any help is appreciated.
18
19 Thank you,
20 Moshe