From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] no-emul profiles
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 21:11:06
1 Looking into profile list, I have found out new,
2 at least for me, no-emul profiles. (As far as I
3 remember, they were not there one and a half
4 years ago, when I installed my first Gentoo system.)
5
6 I tried to google something about them but have
7 found virtually nothing except for the following
8 wiki page: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Multilib_System_without_emul-linux_Packages
9
10 It is not about profiles at all but I guess that
11 no-emul profile provides the same result while
12 installing the system.
13
14 Am I right?
15
16 If so, I have a few more questions:
17
18 Is it stable?
19
20 Is it worth to choose it while installing a new Gentoo system?
21
22 Can I expect that in this case I will be able to install
23 and run such applications as, say, wine?
24
25 Thank you.