From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend2 issues
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 06:11:43
1 On 2/22/06, Mike Myers <fluffymikey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi everybody!
3 >
4 > I'm having problems with a laptop and the suspend2 patched kernel. It
5 > seems like whenever I suspend to ram, and then resume, the video doesn't
6 > come back.
7
8 More details please. (video card, which X11 driver, which
9 console/framebuffer driver, are you suspending from console or X,
10 etc).
11
12 FYI, both the ATI and NVidia proprietary drivers have some support for
13 suspend-to-ram (you do _not_ need suspend2 or a patched kernel for
14 this however), but I find it works best when suspending from within X,
15 and the console may or may not be restored.
16
17 > Also, I'm using the intel 2200 wireless card, with the ipw2200 module,
18 > and if I put the laptop into hibernate and then power it back on, the
19 > wireless card doesn't come back up.
20
21 Never saw this problem...it should work fine. Is the module reloaded
22 when the system resumes? Anything show up in dmesg or the system log?
23
24 -Richard
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list