From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Update blocked by kdebase-startkde:4
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 17:44:13
1 On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 12:22:32 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > The KDE project are notorious for that, or at least in my book they
4 > are. I told them last year that if I'd allowed an embryonic KDE-4 out
5 > the door the way they did I'd have been out of a job quicker than you
6 > could say "quality control."
7
8 The KDE project clearly stated that the first few KDE releases were not
9 production ready and should be considered betas, at best. The problem was
10 caused by distros that went ahead and included KDE 4.1 nonetheless.
11 Probably because they liked the higher version number :(
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 c:>Press Enter to Exit