From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Update blocked by kdebase-startkde:4
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 11:22:42
1 On Saturday 09 Jul 2016 19:45:03 Daniel Frey wrote:
2
3 > Right now my machine is nice and stable. What I don't understand is that
4 > plasma clearly isn't ready for primetime yet (IMHO) yet it seems KDE4 is
5 > not installable on Gentoo anymore.
6
7 The KDE project are notorious for that, or at least in my book they are. I
8 told them last year that if I'd allowed an embryonic KDE-4 out the door the
9 way they did I'd have been out of a job quicker than you could say "quality
10 control." Made no difference of course.
11
12 > I did try many things trying to get plasma working but everything I
13 > tried had no results. Plasma would crash even if you didn't do anything
14 > (no keyboard or mouse input.)
15
16 I've had no trouble with stability, only with ugliness.
17
18 Thanks again for trying to help, Dan.
21 Rgds
22 Peter