From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: set local kenel version
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 16:36:46
1 On 06/13/2009 05:27 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Setting a version to local kernel builds has been discussed here so
3 > sorry to bang on it some more.
4 >
5 > I found information here from a previous thread and kept one of the
6 > answers but finding now that I don't really understand it.
7 >
8 > Or am doing the proceedure wrong.
9 >
10 > It was Neil B's post:
11 >[...]
12 > cd /usr/src/linux
13 > echo "-${MYHOST}-">localversion1
14 > [...]
15 >
16 > But when I try this I get only the $MYHOST part (in this case
17 > host=reader) and not the increment.
18 >
19 > So for linux-2.6.30-gentoo-r1
20 >
21 > and in /usr/src/linux
22 > cat localverion1:
23 > _reader_
24
25 It doesn't seem you followed the instructions correctly. I don't know
26 if that's the cause of the problem, but the instructions said:
27
28 echo "-${MYHOST}-">localversion1
29
30 but you seem to have used: