From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vanishing tab bar in Firefox
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 16:26:23
1 On Saturday, 7 August 2021 10:45:26 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Far too often, Firefox on this box will hide the tab bar, but behave as
5 > though it were still there. In other words, I have to aim the mouse pointer
6 > 2cm below the thing I want to click.
7 >
8 > Pressing <ALT> reveals the bar but clicking in it just hides it again. I can
9 > still cycle through the tabs with the standard <CTRL><left/right>.
10 >
11 > Sometimes remerging Firefox fixes it, sometimes rebooting does; mostly I
12 > just have to put up with it.
13 >
14 > Several versions of Firefox have suffered this, and several versions of
15 > Plasma. I might submit a bug report if I could work out which component is
16 > at fault.
17
18 Disabling my three plugins didn't help. I fixed it in the end by removing
19 ~/.mozilla and setting mozilla up again. At least, I hope it's fixed. It's
20 looking good so far.
21
22 I didn't realise that Firefox was as vulnerable to local data problems as
23 KMail-2 is. :(
26 Regards,
27 Peter.