From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: alsa in-kernel vs. alsa-lib
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:47:05
1 On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:05:47 +0100, Pupino wrote:
2
3 > But i read this after building alsa-lib:
4 > * Please try in-kernel ALSA drivers instead of the alsa-drivers ebuild.
5 > * If alsa-drivers works for you where a recent kernel does not, we want
6 > * to know about this. Our e-mail address is alsa-bugs@g.o
7 > * However, if you notice no sound output or instability, please try to
8 > * upgrade your kernel to a newer version first.
9 >
10 > and this makes me think i should get rid of those packages as it say
11 > "instead". Is this wrong? do we still need alsa-lib and co.?
12
13 It says "instead of the alsa-drivers ebuild". you use either the
14 in-kernel drivers or alsa-drivers, whichever you choose, you still need
15 alsa-lib.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Captain, I sense millions of minds focused on my cleavage.