From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: mcbrides9@×××××××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Documentation Index
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 04:10:13
1 On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:20:18 -0500
2 Jerry McBride wrote:
3
4 > On Saturday 30 December 2006 19:03, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
5 > > There's a lot of HTML documentation on my computer, but it's
6 > > wonderfully hard to find and use compared to man pages
7 > > because it's not indexed.
8 > >
9 > > So I started building a Perl script to create a top-level
10 > > HTML index page automatically from the .html files it
11 > > finds lying around. I started with just the contents of
12 > > /usr/share/doc.
13 > >
14 > > Before I go too much farther, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows
15 > > of an existing product (that is surely more refined than
16 > > this little starter gizmo I've got so frar) that does the
17 > > same or similar thing?
18 > >
19 > > If not, are there any other places where generally useful
20 > > HTML might be hiding?
23 > I've been doing a similar project using python. I scan the entire
24 > filesystem for html, pdf and chm files. Once found, I grab matching
25 > portage names and build a master html index for use with apache...
26 >
27 > Nice to know that someone else has the desire for handy document
30 I, for one, would be interested in seeing a copy of your script :->
31
32 David
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list