From: Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Pasting jacked up for mnths now... like a bugger
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 23:24:25
1 On 06/06/10 07:56, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Does anyone else notice a serious mess when copy/pasting to firefox.
3 > Some other places too.
4
5 I don't. But, I guess you need to clarify, when you're saying you
6 "copy/paste", is it Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V type of copy/pasting or Middle-click
7 type of copy/pasting?
8
9 > This was the result:
10 > -US%3I actually doubt itAunofficial&q=pdf2html+opensource&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=http://twibright.com/pdf2html
11
12 what was inside the navigation box before?
13
14 Firefox's middle-click url-paste only works if your middle click is not
15 in the address bar. If you middle-click in the address bar, the regular
16 buffer-paste mechanism takes over (i.e. it will paste your selection
17 buffer without deleting what's previously on the address bar).
18
19 So, we have three copy-paste mechanism:
20 - Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V, we're all familiar with this
21 - Buffer-Paste, provided by X, pastes your selection buffer to hovered
22 textbox
23 - Url-Paste, provided by Firefox, loads the URL in the selection buffer,
24 which as a side effect, replaces the address bar with that url