From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Pasting jacked up for mnths now... like a bugger
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 21:03:53
1 Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On 06/06/10 07:56, Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >> Does anyone else notice a serious mess when copy/pasting to firefox.
5 >> Some other places too.
6 >
7 > I don't. But, I guess you need to clarify, when you're saying you
8 > "copy/paste", is it Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V type of copy/pasting or
9 > Middle-click type of copy/pasting?
10
11 Always best to be clear as possible...sorry.
12
13 I did mention mouse scraping twice... and of course middle mouse would
14 follow.. and that is the most common way I copy paste.
15
16 I disagree that we all are accustomed to Cntl-v etc. That is more a
17 windows phenomena... long time linux (X) users are more accustomed to
18 left mouse highlight... middle mouse paste, I think, at lest I am.
19
20 Going back a ways like 12-15yrs, I don't think there were many apps
21 (maybe none) that even did ctrl-c ctrl-v.
22
23 >> This was the result:
24 >> -US%3I actually doubt itAunofficial&q=pdf2html+opensource&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=http://twibright.com/pdf2html
25 >
26 > what was inside the navigation box before?
27
28 Nothing, it was blank. My paste followed Ctrl-t... (it creates a new window with
29 blank navigation box)
30
31 > Firefox's middle-click url-paste only works if your middle click is not
32 > in the address bar. If you middle-click in the address bar, the regular
33 > buffer-paste mechanism takes over (i.e. it will paste your selection
34 > buffer without deleting what's previously on the address bar).
35
36 I get the same problem posting into a google search box so its not the
37 address bar mechanism at work... and like mentioned above it was blank
38 anyway.
39
40 Also I failed to mention that I'm using Xfce4 desktop, and just in
41 case anyone is about to suggest the clipman utility... I find it to be
42 utterly and completely useless.
43
44 It never even registers having anything on the clipboard. That is, if
45 I `left mouse' highlight something, clipman just shows an empty
46 clipboard.
47
48 But then I suppose that might possibly point to some deeper cause that
49 is at the root of the problem.