From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 22:57:16
1 Bruce Hill wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 05:33:02PM -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >> I'm hoping that since I use eudev, I don't have to worry about this.
4 >> If I do, this could get interesting, again. Dale
5 > Do you have /usr separate from / ?
6
7 Yep. From my understanding tho, eudev is not supposed to be affected by
8 this problem tho.
9
10 One reason for this being seperate, I have / and /boot on a regular
11 partition and everything else on LVM. Sometimes that /usr gets a bit
12 full. It's not so bad after I moved all the portage stuff out and put
13 it in /var. Now I have to watch /var too. lol
14
15 Dale
16
20 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!